This willow oak and its sister tree (#056) stand over a home built in 1943, although they were likely planted long before then. There were three willow oaks that were planted by the Morrow family to provide shade in their pasture. These willow oaks provided shade for their horses. This tree is named “Beulah”, named after the homeowner’s great great grandmother. Recently Davidson added a sidewalk on the north side of Spring Street. Instead of a concrete sidewalk, the town built wooden boardwalks over the willow oaks’ root structures to protect them from compaction.