#064 Post Oak
UPDATE: Sadly, this tree fell down during the night on March 29, 2022, and blocked St. Albans Lane. It was cut and removed the same day.
This Post Oak hangs over St. Albans Lane and sits to the right of the driveway.
The Patterson House is now a bed and breakfast called “The Cedars” and it is the only bed and breakfast in the Town of Davidson. The Home was extensively renovated in 1916. According to the current homeowner, Tom Watson, it was renovated for a wealthy businessman’s second wife. Previous to this major renovation, it was a farmhouse on the edge of the Town, marking the beginning of farmland. As for the tree itself, it was likely planted at the time of the construction of the house, but little else is known.